Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sonics Fans: Quite the quandary



I'm from Seattle and naturally, a die-hard Seattle Supersonics fan.

And if you didn't notice, we really sucked this year. Like, we really sucked big time.

The good thing about that is that we have a good shot at the #1 pick in the NBA lottery. The Heat have a better shot but we still have a decent shot at it. And even if we don't get the #1 pick, we should definitely get a top pick.

However, there's this little rumor floating around the NBA that the Sonics are moving to Oklahoma City and will never play in Seattle again.

This is where the quandary comes in.

If the Sonics move to Oklahoma City, I really want them to suck balls. Worse than they did this year. I don't even want them to win a game in OK City.

But if they stay in Seattle, I want them to get either D. Rose or Beasley, although I'd still settle for O.J. Mayo, who I think will make a good pro.



So tonight while the NBA lottery is going down, how am I supposed to root? Am I supposed to hope that the Sonics get lucky and land a top pick? Or am I supposed to hope that we get screwed over and drop to the bottom of the lottery?

This really sucks.

I would love to see Durant and Beasley play side by side, or watch Derrick Rose throw dimes to Durant on the break for the next ten years.



But only if they're in Seattle.

No comments: