Sunday, May 11, 2008

The NBA: Where Home Court Advantage Happens

What is up with teams unable (Jazz) and uninterested (Celtics) in winning on the road? Are they using non-standard rims in the playoffs? I've always thought that home court advantage was overrated. I mean, in a basic sense, the rims are the same, the courts are different colours, but the same. The ball is the same. The only real difference are the words coming out of the 20,000 fans mouths, but really, can you actually pick out whether they're screaming for you or against you in the midst of a game? Weird.

Now admittedly, the last time I played competitive basketball in front of a hostile crowd (not counting the times I was booed by onlookers for sucking at pick-up ball) was a couple of times waaaaay back in highschool, but it didn't affect me then, and I don't think it should be affecting guys who've been doing all of their adult and most of their juvenile lives.

No comments: