Thursday, May 29, 2008

Life Of Ivey debuts on pokkerroad



"The Life of Ivey" has premiered on Pokerroad. In the first clip (which is very short and amateurish...shot by Barry Greenstein on a flip cam), Phil Ivey and Ted Forrest discuss prop bets of a mile-long race or the first to three WSOP bracelets for $1 million.

Here's the link.

And for a bonus, here's why Greenstein even shot the video (after being criticized on 2+2 for his shaky camera work):

I told Joe that shooting the video in that shaky matter made things look realistic. If everything was smooth and blocked perfectly, viewers would think it was contrived.

That's what I told him, but here's what actually happened: I had no plan to shoot any video. I brought this little Flip video camera to give to Phil so that his golf instructor and caddie, Danny, could shoot some segments of Phil golfing and playing online (not for instruction, but he's funny to watch).

Phil and Ted were for some reason betting $25k per low card, double if you are the actual bring-in, not something that we usually do. They got this idea because Ilya Trincher did it with Phil a month ago. Luckbox Phil went on a rush of low cards and Ted got a little upset and started offering prop bets.

At this point, I remembered that I had this little video camera in my pocket and I thought this might make an amusing video. I had never used it or any other camera in years. It had an obvious on/off toggle and a big red button. I turned it on and pushed the red button. I hoped it was recording, but I wasn't confident that it really was. Most of the wiggling is from me checking that the recording time numbers were progressing on the display.

I don't plan on shooting any more, but we need to put cameras in the hands of people Phil likes and trusts. If you have seen how many people thrust cameras in his face, it's surprising he hasn't developed a phobia of them.

Barry

1 comment:

Poker fan said...

nice link, thanks. The Life of Ivey has good videos