Monday, May 12, 2008

O.J., SC, X-Friends


This was just not a weekend to be a Trojan named O.J. with ex-friends looking to make a quick buck off of ratting your ass out.

First, Mike Gilbert, who used to be OJ Simpson's agent, ratted Simpson out like any great friend would do. Here's an excerpt from his book:

“O.J.,” I said, “what happened that night? What happened on June 12?” He took a breath, and leaned back. He gave a familiar sigh. He got a very pensive look on his face. He looked at me. “What do you think?” he said. “What do you think happened that night, Mike?” I gave very careful consideration to what I was about to say, and how I was going to say it. I finally answered: “O.J., I believe you were there. I have always believed you were there. In fact, the first thing I said when I heard the news was, ‘So he finally did it.’ ”

Then he said, “Mike, I did go there that night, but I didn’t take a knife. Nicole opened the door with a knife in her hand.”

I waited. A few seconds passed, and then he continued, in a very soft and low mumble, almost as if he were sleep-talking. “If she hadn’t opened that door with a knife in her hand, Mike, she’d still be alive.”




Not that this news really matters to anyone anymore, but it has to hurt when your ex-agent comes out with this shit while you're already awaiting trial for a life sentence.

Moving on to the other OJ, who reportedly took thousands of dollars, a flat-screen television for Mayo's dorm room, cell phone service, a hotel room, clothes, meals and airline tickets.



He denies it of course. So that's good. As long as USC had no knowledge of it and had no way of knowing (50/50 shot), we'll be good. The ex-friend who ratted Mayo out says that USC didn't know about it but that they did keep contact with the other guy who was paying Mayo off. We'll see.

Here's the story.

No comments: