Friday, May 8, 2009

Rags to Riches: A true story



The Minnesota Vikings just delivered some good news to undrafted free agent Nick Urban: You can turn your two-weeks notice in at Target.

Urban, who has been working as a cashier at Target, went undrafted as a lineman out of Winona State but managed to get an invite to Vikings rookie minicamp and got an offer from the Vikings.

Said Urban of his employment at Target:
“They were nice enough to take me on, knowing my situation and I owed them a lot,” Urban said of his bosses at Target, who gave him flexible, part-time hours so he could train for his shot at the NFL. “My parents raised me that way. They were nice enough to help out [at Target] and people that are nice enough to help you, you don’t just leave high and dry.”
via Access Vikings

No comments: