Friday, August 13, 2010

Sir Charles Challenges the "So-Called 'King'"

LeBron James is struggling to gain back face, but it's not working out so well.

After his disasterous "Decision" last month, Miami's newest transplant has faced a hurricane of criticism. In response, James recently issued a "warning" of sorts from his new Twitter account: "Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

While many people (including sportswriters like Bill Simmons and Jason Whitlock, and knuckleheads like TJ and this guy) chose snarky responses via the same 140 character venue, one NBA Legend used the radio airwaves to speak his mind on Bron-Bron's comments.

From The Huffington Post:
While being interviewed on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth on Wednesday night, Barkley snapped.

"I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list)," Barkley said, in reference to James' tweet. "I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move," the analyst added, according to FanHouse.

Barkley continued, ranting about James's superstar teammates, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Barkley discussed the trio's welcome ceremony in the Miami, calling their dancing during the reception "a punk move," too.

Barkley is not backing down.

"He knows where I'll be," Barkley said, seeming to be referencing to LeBron James. "I don't run. I'm on TV every week, I'm easy to find."

That's what you call a good ol' dose of "Sit down and shut up when grown folks is talking, youngin!"

No comments: