Friday, August 6, 2010

If She Wins, We Win

I've never watched ABC's hit sitcom "Modern Family". But don't take that to mean I think poorly of it; sometimes it just takes a little nudge to get me to start watching something, no matter how many people tell me it's the best thing on TV (that goes for your shows too, fans of "Rescue Me," "Mad Men," and "Sons of Anarchy"). And this might just be the nudge I need:

From MSN.com's Wonderwall:
Network bosses at ABC responded to the success of "Modern Family" by running a "for your consideration" ad in industry publication Variety, declaring that if the show beats "Glee," "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Nurse Jackie," "The Office" and "30 Rock" to the Outstanding Comedy Series prize, [Sofia] Vergara will "run naked down Sunset Blvd."

The cheeky ad did include a disclaimer, stating, "Cast member may change without notice."

But Vergara admits she's keen to sway members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences to vote for her series, by rising to the challenge and baring all on the busy L.A. street.

She says, "You know what, that's ridiculous. I cannot run; I have bad knees. I was planning to do that, you know the sport where they... speed walk. But that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to run."

Whether or not this gets me to watch "Modern Family" this fall, one thing's for sure: I'll be watching to see if it wins that Emmy.

No comments: