Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brandon Marshall -- NBA Superstar?

With lockout looming in 2011, NFL players are making preparations for an uncertain future. For Brandon Marshall, the Miami Dolphins star wide receiver, that means asking his agent to look into a potential NBA contract.

From ESPN.com:
"My first team will be the Nuggets and my second team will be the Heat -- I'm serious," Marshall said.

Asked to clarify whether he will pursue a basketball career if there is no NFL season in 2011, Marshall said: "Not pursuing -- I'm going to be on an NBA team. Seriously."

Marshall said he was good enough to play shooting guard professionally.

I find the idea that Marshall would jeopardize his NFL career by playing basketball almost as laughable as the idea that he would actually make an NBA team. But the thought of him playing with that Devil's threeway known as Wade, LeBron, and Bosh is interesting, in a keyboard-playing-cat kind of way.

No comments: