Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Total Recall ... Recall

I'll preface this post by saying I may be the biggest Arnold Schwarzenegger fan you know. "Predator" is one of my five favorite movies ever. I can recite entire scenes from just about any action flick he's done. It's pathetic.

Anyhow, outside of my fanboyness, one of Arnold's acknowledged classic movies is "Total Recall," released in 1990. Directed by Paul Verhoeven on the heels of "Robocop" and based on a Philip Dick story, it was a groundbreaking piece in special effects, winning an Academy Special Achievement Award in that field. It had the largest-ever budget of a studio movie and made $260 million worldwide, as well as critical acclaim.

And it featured a badass midget hooker.

So I have to ask ... WHY IN GOD'S NAME ARE THEY REMAKING THIS THING?!?!? AND WHY ARE THEY LETTING THE GUY WHO MADE "ULTRAVIOLET" DO IT?!?!?

I'm almost personally offended by this. There's no way he'll come up with anything as awesome as this scene:



Read more about it here.

No comments: