Wednesday, August 14, 2013

You Have the Right to Remain Crunchy


Did I ever tell you how much I love the city of Seattle? I was there for one week in 2005, and ever since I got on the plane to come home, I've wanted to go back. I've craved it. Like one of those really, really super-intense cravings, you know? It's like, like...

(From MSNBC):
A marijuana-centric festival in Washington state this weekend will have a heavy police presence, but the cops will be a little friendlier than one might expect.

Instead of handing out summonses at Hempfest 2013, Seattle police have announced plans to hand out bags of snacks— with a message.

Seattle Police Department spokesman, Sgt. Sean Whitcomb said the department intends to use the opportunity to get the word out about their guide to Washington's new marijuana law by attaching a summarized version attached to bags of Doritos.

This sounds like a scene from a Police Academy reboot. Seattle's police department is now officially cooler than everyone else's police departments. Not that many of them have set a high bar...

No comments: