Wednesday, May 2, 2012

R.I.P. Junior Seau


Sad news has come out of San Diego today: Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau has died in an apparent suicide.

From North County Times:
Police responded to Seau's home on The Strand on Wednesday after receiving a call about a reported suicide. The San Diego County medical examiner's office said an investigator was sent to the scene.

Wood said Seau was beloved in the community and will be deeply missed.

"He was a local hero ---- he certainly gave back to the community and to the youth through his Junior Seau Foundation," Wood said. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends."
Seau was one of my favorite players when I was a kid, and always struck me as one of the "good guys" in the world of sports. My condolences go out to his family and friends. He will be sorely missed.

No comments: