Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Week 6 Crooked Straight NFL Rankings



I'm amazed to say that I completely agree with ESPN.com's week six power rankings.

I also have to admit defeat as last week ESPN had the Giants and Titans ranked 1 and 2, while I had the Giants at #4 and the Titans at #5. Both teams proved this week that they are legitimate super bowl contenders with the Giants blowing out my sorry ass Seahawks and the Titans winning a tough game against the Ravens.

Last week I had the Steelers at #1 and while they won their game, I'm now a believer in the Giants and Titans. The Redskins are obviously legit also as they won two back-to-back road wars against the 'Boys and Eagles. I wish someone would do some research and find out the last time a team did that.

Last week I had the Steelers ahead of the Cowboys, but I'm moving them behind the Cowboys this week because I believe that the Cowboys loss to the Redskins is legit. Last week I thought the Redskins were just a run-of-the-mill team, but my opinion has changed.

The Panthers also appear to be legit and are ahead of the Broncos because they obviously beat the Broncos, not to mention Denver lost to the Chiefs, who apparently are the worst team in the NFL (yeah, worse than Cincy).

The Bills, Patriots and Bears are interchangeable in my opinion, so why not rank them in order of record.

And after blowing all that hot air your way, my rankings came out exactly the same as ESPN's.

Go Hawks!

No comments: