Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Poker Mockumentary: "The Grand"

This is the first I've heard of this, but based on the cast it looks like it could be hilarious. I even see Mike Epps in there.

Details:
The Grand
Running Time: 1 hr. 44 min.
Release Date: March 21, 2008
MPAA Rating: R for language and some drug content
Starring: Werner Herzog, Richard Kind, Woody Harrelson, Ray Liotta and Ray Romano.
Directed by: Zak Penn.



From Gus Hansen's blog:

"In the elevator was Ray Romano (from 'Everybody Loves Raymond') and Cheryl Hines (from 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'), and they wanted to know if I was in L.A. for the premier of the new poker mockumentary, 'The Grand'.

It turned out that on Wednesday evening a string of the best actors in Hollywood would walk the red carpet for this premier.
Apart from Ray (whom I've met on numerous occasions in Vegas) and Cheryl, the cast of 'The Grand' include Woody Harrelson, Richard Kind (from 'Spin City'), Dennis Farina (from 'Law and Order') and Jason Alexander (from 'Seinfeld') with special appearances by several of my poker colleagues: Daniel Negreanu, Doyle Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak. Also it seems that Phil Gordon and Gabe Kaplan (commentator of 'High Stakes Poker') are up for some fine reviews."

1 comment:

The D.E.F.I. said...

holy shit. Didn't know about this, but I'm definitely going to check it out.