Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moving at the Speed of Dumb

You've probably seen or heard this by now, but...





As irreversibly feeble-minded as this poor girl is, there's something bigger that should be highlighted here.

As a man who's had his fair share of arguments with women, there's one undeniable fact: They are illogical beings. For example, I once forced an introduction at a bar between a cute bartender and my boy; when she heard the story a few days later, my girlfriend at the time got mad at me, because she considered that act to be me flirting and/or cheating.

True story.

Now, to be fair, that's a bit of an extreme case. But even in little, everyday disagreements, men are constantly being flustered and frustrated by women as they use irrational jumps in logic to support their side of the dispute. Sadly, it's an inescapable fact of nature; it seems nearly all women suffer from this flaw [It seems wrong to completely generalize all women as having an inability to process logic; surely, there must be some who are rational. But, in my 33 years, I don't think I have found one yet, so...]. Even my mother, who I love more than anything else in the world, is often victim to ridiculous reasoning. It doesn't make me love her any less, though it does shorten my visits on occasion.

This isn't to say that a woman is always wrong when arguing with a man—I mean, she IS, but I'm not saying that (jokes, ladies...ease back). But when a woman is wrong, typically she's not going to stop and accept a logical view of the debate. The beauty of this video is that it so perfectly shines a spotlight on this tendency. No reasonable woman can watch this lass Chelsea stumble around the math problem using various mind-boggling pieces of "data" ("I run a mile in about 9 minutes"...huh?) and then vehemently defend her answer while simultaneously discrediting her husband ("I make sense—you do not make sense!"), and not catch a glimpse into the pain any man has ever felt when dealing with this type battle between the logical and the illogical.

No comments: