Thursday, December 9, 2010

Throwback Thursday: "Never Leave" -- Lumidee ft. Busta Rhymes & Fabolous

To be honest, I was conflicted when choosing this track for Throwback Thursday. Con: The track was one of those "Summer of [enter year here]" anthems that quickly become about as irritating and worthwhile as a lecture on quantum physics by Snooki. Pro: If you've managed to avoid listening to it since the summer of 2003 (as I more-or-less have), it'll hit you like the fresh & catchy head-nodder that it was when brand new. Pro: The video features an array of (refreshingly realistic) Butter Rican beauties. Con: The lead artist ain't one of them.

But, ultimately, the energetic video and rhythm (don't even try to lie like I'm the only one who ever clapped along to this at a club in '03; I saw some of y'all drunk asses doing it too) and slick rhymes by Fab & Busta win out and make it worth a play or two. Then we can put it back in the closet next to "I'm Real" (really, Ja?).


No comments: