Friday, November 21, 2008

Mal to the Warriors



Jamal Crawford for Al Harrington

When I first heard about this trade I really had no idea what the hell the Knicks were thinking but after reading a few articles about it, it makes sense.

That being said, I would hate, hate, hate (did I say HATE) to be on the Knicks right now. Management is basically stating that they are taking not just this season but the next two seasons in order to clear salaray cap room for the huge free agent off-season of 2010 when Lebron, D. Wade, Amare, and Chris Bosh will all be free agents.

The Knicks are also supposed to activate Stephon Marbury on Friday so that they can suit up eight players after they trade Randolph to either the Clips or someone else.

That leaves Chris Duhon and Wilson Chandler as their go-to players. I would favor Nate Rob over either of those choices.

On the bright side, I'm glad to see Jamal going to a possible playoff team for maybe the first time in his career. I'm sure the team will continue to struggle a bit until Montae Ellis comes back and at that point I think they'll go on a run at the playoffs. It'll be great to see a backcourt of Montae and Mal running the show, similar to watching Baron and Montae on the court at the same time.

From Jamal: "The Warriors have been one of the most entertaining and fun teams in the league the last few years, and I think my abilities are very conducive with their style and their needs."

Mal is a great dude and I'm wishing him the best in the Bay, I know he's happy to return to the West Coast.

No comments: